INFORMATION FOR SOPHOMORES
Junior Year College Prep Timeline
4-Year Plan workshop powerpoint Presentation
10th grade College Readiness Checklist
- View A-G courses: www.ucop.edu/doorways.
- Begin investigating your interests and possible careers through
Naviance and CareerCruising.com.
- Refine Goals set last year
- Begin Resume
- Take Career Interest Profiler
- Explore "Career Clusters"
- Update Naviance Journal
- Explore Naviance Roadtrip Nation
- Explore Career Cruising Matchmaker
- Participate in extracurricular activities that match your interests (athletics, drama, choir, clubs, service etc.).
- Volunteer for Community Service (and log your hours).
- Attend tutorial.
- Take PSAT (10th graders have been automatically registered).
- Begin college research focusing on what is most important to you. Use resources available on MCHS website. click here
- Consider SAT Prep classes.
- Start My Quickstart on Collegeboard.com.
- Take challenging courses and continue to work hard.
Important resources for all grades
Career Cruising http://www.careercruising.com/ Click on the Career Cruising logo and enter Username: mtcarmel Password: sundevils This is a fun and friendly career exploration website! It will help you answer burning questions such as: What do I want to be when I grow up? How will I support myself? What will my major be in college?
Naviance College and Family Connection NAVIANCE is a website designed to help students and parents plan for college. The most up to date list of college visits is posted on this website, as well as scholarship opportunities, and letter of recommendation info.
National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator This site provides great info on cost, financial aid offered, retention rates and 4 year graduation rates.