Work Experience Program
Teacher: Gretchen Triebel
Phone: 858-484-1180 x3429
Do you plan on working during your junior or senior year? Sign up for work experience class that meets 5th period once a week and get credit for working!
You may earn from 5-10 credits per semester if you fulfill the following requirements:
- You are regularly employed by a company that is covered by Workers Compensation Insurance (no personal housekeeping, babysitting, yardwork,etc.) and work an average of at least 10 hours per week. (If you work less than that, you can earn less than 5 credits.)
- You maintain an eligibility GPA of 2.0 or better
- You maintain a good attendance record in school and attend weekly Work Experience class
You will have the opportunity to leave campus early in order to work. Being enrolled in Work Experience class allows you to work extended hours for your employer if necessary, or if you choose to do so. You will learn job interviewing techniques, how to prepare your resume, how to be an excellent employee, what employers are looking for, how to evaluate your own job performance, how to get along with coworkers and your employer, and much more! The curriculum is different each tri-mester. It is not a repeat of information during the year.
Are you looking for part-time employees? Would you like to participate in our mock interviews in January providing feedback after interviewing students who have prepared for a mock interview? Would you like to donate supplies or gifts to help facilitate the work experience class or mock interviews? If you answered yes to any of the questions please contact Gretchen Triebel at email@example.com or call (858) 484-1180 x3429.
Mt. Carmel is planning on being a part of HIP, High School Involvement Partnership. We will participate through Northrop Grumman Corporation in the spring.
- Purpose is to provide high school seniors with on the job training in a large corporation
- Goal is to expose, prepare and assist students for the transition from school to work
- Northrop Grumman provides the people, facilities, and state-of-the-art technology
- Students acquire:
- a) industrial work experience
- b) skills and talents
- c) practical knowledge
- d) access to Northrop Grumman professionals
- Students must meet specified criteria: Ability to prove citizenship, GPA 2.0, completion of all required courses, good attendance, positive attitude, willingness to work, and a recommendation by career counselor
- Students earn10 credits towards their diploma/graduation; non-paying internship
- Students must undergo extensive application process including an on campus interview conducted by Northrop Grumman employee volunteers
- Students will attend a variety of workshops and complete a career development project
- Quarterly evaluations and attendance reporting are required
- Honors and certificates are awarded to all HIP graduates and volunteer instructors
- Students receive a $300 scholarship to continue their education
This class is only offered to seniors and students will have to apply in the fall before being accepted. Please contact Gretchen Triebel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (858) 484-1180 x3429 to find out when Northrop Grumman will be holding their informational meeting.
If you would like to be involved with the work experience program or have any questions please contact Gretchen Triebel at email@example.com or call (858)484-1108 x3429